Humber Arboretum is well known for its horticulture and landscape design, exemplified by its beautiful gardens. The expert Horticulture staff is actively involved with training students in the Horticulture Apprenticeship programs for School of Applied Technology at Humber College. Students learn first hand by planning, constructing and maintaining projects on the grounds.
Ornamental areas include the Dunington - Grubb and the Garfield Weston Valley Gardens. Stroll around for landscape and planting ideas or just relax under a shady tree.
Visit many times and enjoy the ever-changing scenery:
- masses of shrub roses
- striking displays of annuals and perennials
- spectacular flowering Rhododendrons and Azaleas
- an Urban Wildlife Garden featuring native plants that attract birds, butterflies and deer
- the Tranquility Garden
- dramatic autumn colours
- delightful winter landscapes
- biodiversity plot: www.acer-acre.org