The following form will allow you to apply for permission to use the grounds of the Humber Arboretum in student, commercial, corporate or documentary films or for commercial photo shoots only.
This is an application/request only and does not guarantee a permit will be issued.
For wedding or other personal photography see Weddings
The Centre for Urban Ecology at 416 675-5009.
1. Evidence of PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE (Certificate of Insurance) (unless enrolled in a Humber College program). Applicants without current public liability insurance are unlikely to be successful in gaining permission to film on the Humber Arboretum grounds.
2. Detailed storyline synopsis, script or storyboard of scene(s) to be filmed.
Additional Information to Applicants:
• Your permit must be submitted AT LEAST 4 weeks in advance of the filming date.
• Once permission to film on the Arboretum has been given, a location fee will be negotiated between the Humber Arboretum and the applicant. Minimum fees are $150 per day or part of a day plus HST for commercial filming projects and photography. The fee may be more if the project involves multiple dates and locations, and/or the involvement of Arboretum staff or Security. The Arboretum may choose to waive fees for student films, films made for educational purposes and some films made for charities or government departments.
• There will be fees additional to the location fee for any out-of-hours security services required by the Arboretum.
• Approvals to film in buildings and spaces within the facilities are at the discretion of the Humber Arboretum.
• Access to locations that are teaching and learning spaces during school time is restricted. Access to both indoor and outdoor locations during Arboretum events may also be restricted. No filming or preparatory activities may proceed on location, unless a contract/location agreement has been signed by the Humber Arboretum and the applicant.
• If permit is issued, bring a copy on the day(s) of production.
Regulations Governing the Issuance of Permit:
1. This permit is valid only on the date and for the time specified on the permit.
2. Access to specific sites is only guaranteed when specifically noted on the permit
3. Permit is not transferable to another party.
4. The applicant is responsible for the conduct and supervision of all persons in their party.
5. The applicant is responsible for any and all damages caused by members of their party to any plant material, building, structure, equipment or other property of the Humber Arboretum or Humber College.
6. The use (or presence) of alcoholic beverages or intoxicating substances is strictly prohibited. The sale or serving of food and/or beverages is also strictly prohibited unless arranged ahead of time and noted on the permit.
7. Permit holders must use designated parking areas.
8. Neither the Humber Arboretum nor Humber College assumes responsibility for personal property used and/or left on the premises.
9. The Humber Arboretum and Humber College will endeavour to provide every safeguard for the health and welfare of each visitor but will be released from all actions, damages, claims and demands whatsoever, arising out of participation of the applicant and members of their party.
10. This permit is issued at the discretion of the Humber Arboretum. The Humber Arboretum reserves the right to cancel this permit upon breach of any of the regulations contained herein.
11. The fee will be refunded (less a $25.00 service charge) if cancellation request is received 15 working days or more prior to the permit date. No refund if cancellation is received less than 15 days before the date. No refund will be offered for inclement weather conditions.